A Comprehensive Magento Website Audit Checklist for 2023February 17, 2023 | Author: Ashley Brown
If you are a business owner, you will have a website. But what is the point of maintaining an irrelevant website? Although regular auditing helps you keep your website current and engaging. Magento website audit seems to be a lengthy process, but all you need are experts. And if you want to get started right away, check out this quick guide.
An overview of the Magento website audit
Magento website audit includes examining your Magento website. And it later determines to bring beneficial changes. Such as functioning, security, features, and UX.
Here’s how your website audit helps:
- It assesses your website to improve its visibility in SERPs.
- It also enhances the performance of the website.
- It aids in increasing traffic and engagement.
- It provides in-depth website analysis.
Points to consider for Magento website audit
So, here are some pointers to add to audit for great business success.
1. Magento SEO audit
SEO is the core of any website’s performance. So, when you choose Magento website audit, it offers you various techniques. Let’s talk about every part of SEO audits.
Many business owners overlook content when auditing their websites. When they don’t know what to do, they just fill in the blanks with spammy meta tags. So you can fix it by doing:
- Investigate keywords and their volume. Use Google’s SEO guidelines to your advantage.
- Create a winning strategy for using meta tags and descriptions wisely.
- Examine Google crawling and SERP rankings.
- Learn more about bounce rates and good retention based on the search engine algorithm.
The URL of every brand is unique, SEO-friendly, and concise. So, try to analyze every URL on the page and check for its simplicity. Magento SEO audit also comprises URL configurations. Moreover, to make your users understand your website. So try to make it more memorable. If you mix too many things then it may sound irrelevant and poor retention. You can hire Magento 2 developer for more guidance
So you add URLs like:
- Use /category/ for category pages in your URL.
- Use /category/sub-category/ for your sub-category division.
- Use category-sub-category/product-name/ to your product pages in the URL.
You will have images as well as products on your website. And optimizing these images affects your overall SEO. Magento store provides an excellent image audit to specify ALT tags, captions, text, etc. Try to include keywords in your images to make them more relatable.
Instead of book 1 or category 1, you can name the dictionary. So, to be relatable, try to name your product images wisely. Try to use jpg files because of shorter file sizes. Or either your website speed will be affected.
- Analytics audit
Google Analytics analyzes your website. Right from users’ behavior on the website, bounce rate, to retention rate. So, it adds value to your Magento website audit for engagement. You can get Magento support services for more assistance
Moreover, try to understand where users got interested, which was irrelevant. Because it helps you analyze another page and what to ignore.
So, focus on these things:
- Closely notice the traffic-generating parts.
- Analyze the navigation journey.
- Attention to customer interests.
- Try to understand the customer’s needs.
2. Magento UX/UI audit
UX/UI plays an integral part in your Magento website. Auditing this part can leverage your engagement rate. So here are some pointers to focus on to improve the UX/UI of the website.
You know the whole is key to your business growth. But you should keep an analysis of every page of your website. So thoroughly go through every page to decide every element.
Try to indulge in these pointers for your website:
- Products which you sell?
- What do customers want?
- Is that make a difference?
- If customers take your services?
Nobody knows how every user will interact with any website. Sometimes, businesses assume a navigation journey from their own. But users can interact with your website in any way possible. You can get Magento support services for more assistance
So test your Magento store for its UI elements, menus, pages, etc. Make the navigation easy to understand. Moreover, try to make navigation quick and efficient for visitors.
How much your digital products are available to your users defines your accessibility. So, UX plays a crucial role to categorize every product. It also involves fonts, color palettes, page styles, etc. Try to make every product in an easy-to-grab style. Moreover, try to fix the accessibility with Magento store guidelines. You can hire Magento 2 developer for more guidance
Try to analyze your sales funnel on your website. Right from landing, add to cart, to checkout process. If you streamline this process, you got it all from your website. Even try to collect feedback and review before the Magento website audit from users to improve. So, that you could work to reduce bounce rates on your websites.
3. Magento security audit
If you have a vast website to showcase, security plays a major role. And auditing this part will ensure more safety and privacy for your website. So, here are some pointers to consider:
When you face issues related to files and folders, it can be because of servers. So, here is what you need to check:
- Employ dedicated Magento hosting services
- You can also Install Security-Enhanced Linux
- Try to uninstall non-used servers.
Try to look for every loophole your website shows when auditing. Because hackers try to enter your website from any security gap. Hackers know where you can go weak.
Moreover, try to update to new versions so to prevent any bottlenecks.
- Try to place a login page to enter the website.
- Secure payment gateways with PCI compliance.
- Update your website security regularly.
Magento website audit offers different user-accessible logins. And that too offers a great range of vulnerabilities.
So you need to check these pointers for permission:
- Allow permission to certain usernames and logins.
- Make limits for existing accounts.
- Block unauthorized access for login.
4. Magento performance audit
You can optimize the performance of your website with auditing. Because website performance gets you on top SERPs rankings. It resolves slow loading speed, unhappy customers, etc. So, here are some pointers you need to remember. You can get Magento support services for more assistance
If your websites have too many extensions, the more you lose speed. But database queries in the Magento store take too much time to run. Try to mention every extension utilized on the site. And if you face any downtime, you can see which extension to resolve. Don’t go with the relevancy, use what you know. And that too goes with the extensions. Moreover, be mindful when eliminating any interdependent extensions.
Themes offer life to your web pages. and maybe go heavy on your website. Although, be wise to choose any older or irrelevant theme. Because it may adversely affect your website. Analyze which theme goes best for your website or customize one that suits your website. Try to understand CSS, UX, colors, and everything.
You can store the cache at the backend for faster loading speed. Magento website audit store loads faster than anything on the server. Go simple is the basic rule here. If you cache your full page to analyze the resources or deal with configurations. Varnish mode offers you faster loading with customizations. You can hire Magento 2 developer for more guidance
Moreover, you can see the difference when you start caching your data. Furthermore, review every cache result for optimizations.
- Try to check for any lazy loading and a CDN.
- Cross-check the default catalog structure.
- Verify if your elastic search satisfies every result.
- Review your frontend cache results.
- Check for HTML, CSS, JS scripting, etc.
CDN refers to Content Delivery Network. And it supports all types of users worldwide. So, it prevents any bad experiences for further users. Because the closest users will get the data from the Magento store in no seconds. But what about others?
So, to ensure CDN speed ensure these pointers.
- CDN has data repositories for your website.
- Verify latency and cost-effective benefits.
- Check for the features available through CDN.
- Check your loading speed after CDN.
- Try to analyze and monitor your performance.
Website auditing should be done regularly to stay relevant in the changing scenario. To make your website a success, you must go through many sections. For more consideration, consult Magento store development for your projects.
1. What exactly is the goal of a website audit?
A website audit is designed to provide webmasters with a comprehensive and detailed analysis of their site’s health, performance, and speed.
2. What is the frequency with which a website should be audited?
It is highly recommended that you audit your website regularly to ensure the long-term viability of your online store (on a weekly or monthly basis).
3. What are the four auditing methods?
It includes the following:
- Compliance Report
- Qualification Report
- Disclaimer Report
- Adverse Audit Report