Everything You Need To Know About Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 Version ReleaseAugust 5, 2022 | Author: Ashley Brown
26th July 2022 marked the pre-release of Magento 2.4.5. Adobe folks are prepared to release this new version of the Magento 2.4.x release line – the Magento 2.4.5 release. It is a very big announcement for every Magento 2 eCommerce store owner and companies planning to hire Magento 2 developers for their online business app development.
Adobe will finally release Magento 2.4.5 post-completion of the beta testing phase. This version is scheduled for the general public domain on August 9, 2022. In this release, Adobe has left no stones unturned to make uncompromised updates, which we can witness in the upcoming version of Magento 2. According to the official Adobe Commerce DevDocs, the Magento 2.4.5 pre-release contains approx. 290 quality fixes and enhancements. Also, this latest version will offer enhanced performance, optimized security, and a great platform experience to its users.
Without further ado, let’s have a quick glance at what’s new Magento 2.4.5 will offer!
What are the improvements made in Adobe 2.4.5?
Magento enthusiasts have introduced a lot of changes and improvements in the upcoming release of Adobe Commerce. From bug fixes to security updates, here’s the checklist of all enhancements we will witness in Magento 2.4.5:
1. Security enhancements:
- ACL resources implanted in the inventory
- Enhanced inventory template security
- Google reCAPTCHA supports wish list sharing, creating new accounts, and adding gift card forms
- Malicious Code upgraded to HTML Purifier
2. Platform enhancements:
- DHL integration schema updated from v6.0 to v6.2
- Supports offered by Composer 2.2, TinyMCE 5.10.2, and jQueryUI 1.13.1
- New upgrades for twenty composer dependencies
- Upgrade outdated JS libraries to the latest versions
3. GraphQL performance enhancements:
- Quick rebuilding of unified storefront GraphQL schema on deployment
- GraphQL API capabilities to consume the authorization token expiration date or time
- Allows disabling feature for the session cookies for all GraphQL operations entirely
- Session usage removed from the HTTP header
- Apple Pay is available for all merchants in Magento 2.4.5 version
- PayPal “Pay Later” feature is now available for merchants from Spain and Italy
- Braintree KNOUNT fraud protection will be removed from Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 codebase
- “Always request 3DS” option has been added for all Braintree payments
- Store admin can preview PayPal Credit card & Pay Later buttons will be in the backend
Want to Upgrade your Magento Store?
5. PWA Studio
- PWA Studio v.12.5.x with entirely compatible features with Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 release
- Store admins can easily deploy a service like Google Tag Manager from the admins itself
- PWA Studio storefronts collect the customer’s behavior for their web analytics services via eventing
What are the issues fixed in the upcoming Magento 2.4.5 release?
Magento store owners are eagerly waiting for the new features and fix this new release will introduce. Here’s a checklist of some of the major improvements:
- Changing the Admin URL will no longer trigger an exception
- The shopping cart total for a bulk product will get calculated when the Product Sub select rule gets applied
- Challenges related to Adobe Stock sign-out will get fixed
- Admin Action Log report issues will also get resolved
- The correct price for the configurable products will get displayed on the product page after changing its quantity
- System emails will work effectively with an email address that has “_”
- If the customer feeds an invalid email, an error will be displayed on their shipping page
- Admins can now set the session size to 0 from the backend, which won’t log out the admin
- Admin can now translate the title of the “Show Password” checkbox on the pages
- Customer’s names will be displayed correctly when they place an order as guest customers with PayPal
- Product filtering by color in layered navigation will now work perfectly
- Lengthy names will get word-wrapped
In a conclusion, the new version of Magento Commerce is all set to improvise the developer’s and user’s experience while proving them with great features. To ensure the users receive a seamless online business experience, the firm has removed a few hundred bugs with additional upgrades. From security enhancements to payment gateways, the Adobe Commerce platform has worked on every aspect to ensure they deliver the best platform to its users.
If you are looking for a Magento developer who can help you with Magento upgrade service, we are here to help. Get in touch with experts and they shall assist you with the right steps and processes to help your online business improve its brand and revenue growth.
Visit our Magento 2 development company for world-class Magento app services.
1. What is the latest version of Magento?
Magento Commerce 2.3.4 released on January 28, 2020, is the latest version of Magento. You can download it from any tech resource page or on GitHub
2. What are the top features of Magento 2?
Some of the top features of Magento 2 include:
- New File Structure in Magento 2
- New Layout Elements
- CSS Pre-processing
- Magento UI library
- Under the hood
- Improved performance and scalability
- No longer prototypes
- Reduced upgrade efforts and costs
3. What is Adobe Commerce Cloud?
Adobe Commerce Cloud (ACC) refers to a new bundled offer that provides merchants with a flexible and scalable end-to-end platform to manage, personalize, and optimize the commerce experience throughout the customer’s journey.
4. How can I check my Magento version?
To check the Magento version, log into your Magento Admin Panel – Scroll down the page – Check the Magento version in the bottom (footer) right corner.
5. Is Magento a CMS?
Magento CMS (Content Management System) refers to a system used to manage the entire website pages. In simple words, it helps promote the products by providing valuable insights to the customers and increasing their engine visibility. Also, it helps create rich content for your online web store.