Hire a Magento Agency or a Freelancer – What’s the Right Option for YouJuly 12, 2022 | Author: Ashley Brown
Not sure whether you should hire a professional Magento support agency or a freelance Magento developer? This article will help you make the right decision for your next eCommerce project. As a leading Magento agency, we have discussed the common challenges that most retail businesses face. We have also covered different Magento store development support requirements, including Magento migration and advanced Magento customizations.
How Will Professional Magento Developers Help You
In today’s digital era, the eCommerce and retail industry has flourished enormously. And, Magento, as a premier choice for Magento eCommerce development, has met all the needs of online merchants to offer a seamless shopping experience. It is a highly robust eCommerce platform, designed to focus on all aspects of online eCommerce business requirements. However, it is a complex platform to handle.
If you’re a newbie, you need to hire Magento developers who can set up and maintain your online store. A professional Magento developer has vast experience and expertise in delivering rapid, reliable, and dedicated services at affordable prices. They will help build a fully functional Magento store from scratch and maintain it post-development. These developers will plan, design, customize, and fix the issues that may arise during the Magento store development cycle.
Before you reach out to Magento-certified experts, you may follow our checklist to make the best decision for your Magento eCommerce website development.
- Why do you need to hire Magento developers? Where will you get proficient Magento developers, and how will they help you build a full-fledged eCommerce store?
- In-house developers, freelance Magento developers, or a reputed Magento development company – Who will meet your project requirements perfectly? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each choice?
- What will be the cost to hire Magento developers?
We will discuss everything in detail. So, keep reading on!
Why do You Need to Hire Magento Developers?
Can You Install and Configure Magento Without Any Professional Assistance?
Of course, there are numerous solutions that will help you install Magento automatically. They can save you valuable time and money. However, they assist you with default Magento installation which does not meet the unique requirements of eCommerce business owners.
Moreover, you need to know the fundamentals of Magento development, especially if you want to integrate a new website theme, import ‘Products’ and ‘Categories’ data, install specific customizations, etc. Thus, to reduce your efforts, time, and money, it is good to hire Magento Certified Developers. They have rich experience with all these tasks and know how to migrate your store to Magento from other eCommerce platforms. They will help you create your Magento store from the ground up and launch it effortlessly.
Why Do You Need to Hire Magento Developers?
Unless you’re tech-savvy, you need to hire Magento experts to operate this complex and powerful eCommerce development platform. To make the best use of customization options and functionalities of Magento, you need to hire a highly experienced Magento developer or a specialized Magento support agency like us.
Whether it is about going with the default theme with basic features or requiring custom installations, themes, or extensions, you need to approach professionals for Magento 2 Development Service and Solutions
Therefore, the Magento development team you choose to work with will determine the level of success you will achieve with your eCommerce business. It would be wise to outsource your requirements to Magento experts so that you can focus more on your business strategy. This will help you stay ahead in the market competition and generate more ROI.
Key Responsibilities of Magento Developers
Whether you’re looking for end-to-end Magento development services or specific Magento support, professional Magento developers can meet all your business requirements. They can help you with:
- Custom Magento store development
- Magento theme development, integration, and customization
- Module development and customization
- Import product and categories data
- Magento settings configuration
- Magento CMS development
- Third-party integrations
- Payment gateway integration
- Shipping method integration
- Magento migration
- Magento version upgrades
- SEO-friendly implementation
- Magento extension installation
- API integration
- Magento store deployment
- Post-launch maintenance and support
How to Hire the Best Magento Developer?
Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms amongst developers and businesses. There are over 200 thousand merchants relying on Magento for running their online businesses.
If you’re considering building an online store on Magento, you will come across numerous providers of Magento 2 development services and solutions. Therefore, finding the right Magento support service provider can be a challenging task for you.
With this guide, you will gain an idea of how to hire the best Magento developer for your eCommerce project.
Magento partners are registered companies that are backed by a team of experienced and certified Magento developers that delivers end-to-end Magento development services. These agencies offer services including Magento development, design, configuration, customization, hosting, SEO, and PPC services. They also provide additional support, tools, and extensions that your Magento store may need.
Magento provides two status levels to its partners:
- Solution Partners – They help clients grow their business by leveraging the Magento platform.
- Standalone Technology Partners – They can address your different business requirements, ensuring quality and compatibility with various Magento technologies.
Solution Partners are further divided into four different categories:
- Global Elite – This type of Magento agency will offer full-service Magento development. They are highly experienced in the digital domain. It includes UI, UX/CX enhancement leveraging advanced programs, and 24×7 support services.
- Enterprises – These agencies provide strategy, design, development, deployment, and managed services for your Magento store.
- Professional Partners – These are companies with an established and specialized area using Magento as prominent technology.
- Business Partners – Firms that focus on the Magento community edition implementation.
Independent Certified Magento Developers
If you’re a startup or small business, working with a Global Elite Partner will be an expensive affair. It might exceed the budget you have for your website development, deployment, and customization.
Therefore, it would be wise to hire an independent Magento agency or a freelance Magento developer. However, your decision is based on the project size and the duration for which you will need specialized Magento services.
For the latest Magento version installation, search for a Magento agency or a freelance Magento developer with extensive experience.
Key Things to Consider Before Hiring Magento Developers
- Work Portfolio & Reference of Magento Developers
Gather the best talents for your Magento development project. Then ask for work samples and references for projects that they have worked on. Check their project portfolios to see which Magento developer can accommodate your business plan, style, and requirements. This will help you make a qualitative selection of Magento developers.
Discuss all the aspects of your business, budget, and payment methods before signing the contract.
- Project Estimation & Cost
Building a custom Magento store from scratch demands a considerable amount. Therefore, you must plan your budget for project development very carefully.
You must create a proper and effective plan which should include project requirements, the project delivery time, and the budget for the project development.
So, before requesting a quote, you should be clear with what services you need from the developer, whether it is custom development, customization, PSD conversion, SEO, or support and maintenance services.
Should You Work with an In-house Team, a Magento Agency, or a Freelancer?
The cost of Magento eCommerce development will vary based on the option you choose among the In-house team, a Magento agency, or Freelancers. Nevertheless, the experience and quality of work will also determine the cost of development.
Hiring a highly experienced Magento developer or agency will be more expensive. Hence, there are three aspects to keep in mind when hiring a developer for your project:
- Implied Magento development costs
- Experience and expertise level of the developer
- Flexibility and the work dedication level
Before coming to any decision, you must evaluate the pros and cons of working with an in-house development team, a Magento development agency, or a freelance Magento developer.
In-House Development Team
You can hire Magento developers in your full-time, in-house team with rich experience in Magento eCommerce development as well as other eCommerce platforms. Here are the major advantages and disadvantages of this option:
Hire Certified Magento Developers to Build Your Store Within Your Budget?
- Enhanced employee engagement
- Higher level of dedication, resulting in a shorter development cycle
- Fast troubleshooting and requirement understanding, so you can communicate with the developer in person.
- Finding a talented and dedicated Magento developer is a challenge. Most professionals seek to work in a Magento support agency, or large-scale companies.
- Since you lack the essential technical knowledge, you may not be able to evaluate the developer’s skills and experience.
- If a developer leaves the job, you will have to search for another one. The newly hired developer has to understand the entire project right from the beginning. This leads to a longer development time.
Outsourcing to a Reputed Magento Agency
Whether you’re looking for custom Magento 2 development services or Magento migration services, the best choice is to hire a Magento development company like us. Below are the top benefits and drawbacks of outsourcing to a reputed Magento agency:
- Access to a ready team of highly experienced, skilled, and certified Magento developers
- They have vast and regular experience, know how eCommerce runs and can troubleshoot any type of issue.
- Extensive experience in custom Magento development
- A Magento development company usually has all the essential resources for effective project development. They also use the latest tools and technologies for development.
- You get a dedicated project manager who will be your point of contact. You can communicate with them about any concerns or progress of your project development.
- Most Magento development agencies like us offer post-development support and maintenance services.
- In some cases, the project manager may have a different project execution approach or style that may not meet your business requirements. Meanwhile, an in-house developer could better understand your business ideas, philosophies, and needs.
- If you need to make certain changes, the company may charge an additional fee.
- Although many Magento companies provide 24×7 Magento support services, the response time is still delayed as the professionals need to revert to the client with a proper answer.
Outsourcing to a Freelancer
Many business owners, especially startups, prefer to hire freelancers for their projects. However, this option has its pros and cons. Here are some of the common advantages and disadvantages of hiring a freelance Magento developer:
- You can easily find a freelancer from popular freelancing platforms like Freelancer and Upwork. It will help you save time and quickly launch your website.
- Freelancers specialize in skills and expertise. Hence, if they are offering a specific service, you can rely on them.
- It is best to hire freelance Magento developers if you want to integrate any new functionality in your existing eCommerce website or have a smaller project.
- You can easily find skilled Magento developers across the globe, and you can reduce the cost of development due to currency differences.
- Your intellectual property may be at risk
- Delayed response and communication
- You cannot blindly trust a freelance Magento developer. Companies care about their brand reputation; however, this is not the case with freelancers.
- Some freelance developers promise more than what they can offer. Therefore, it is not recommended to hire a freelancer if they lack good experience and ratings.
We hope that this article has given you the right guidance on whether you should hire an in-house team, a Magento agency, or a freelancer. Selecting a solution for Magento eCommerce development is not an easy task since it is a major financial investment. Therefore, you must carefully select the developer or company you want to work with to get the best business outcomes.
At Agento Support, a highly trusted Magento support agency, we can build fully functional eCommerce stores from the ground up.
Q.1. What are the skills of a professional Magento developer?
Ans. Below are the top skills to look for in a professional Magento developer:
- Proper time management
- Effective communication skills
- Offer the best quality Magento maintenance and support services
- Magento Adobe Commerce Certifications
- Vast technical knowledge and creative thinking
- In-depth knowledge of programming languages
- Expertise in CMS development
- Knowledge of SEO
- Dedication and passion for work
Q.2. Does Magento require coding?
Q.3. What is the cost to hire Magento developers in India?
Ans. Generally, the cost to hire Magento developers in India varies from $50 and $250 per hour depending on their experience and expertise level, geographical location, and job role.
Have More Questions? Feel Free to Ask Our Magento Experts.