How to Configure Braintree in Magento CMS for eCommerce Successful Operation?November 1, 2021 | Author: Alex Clark
Picking the right payment gateway for a startup or an existing Magento store is highly crucial. The payment gateway acts as a middleman between the customer and their bank. Not to say a bad payment gateway is a serious trouble for eCommerce merchants.
When choosing a payment gateway, focus on crucial parameters including security, convenience, capabilities, & pricing. It’s common for store owners to configure different payment gateways to give customers multiple options. But here we will talk about the steps to configure Braintree in Magento for streamlined eCommerce operation.
Introduction to Braintree
Braintree is a full-stack payment strategy assisting eCommerce shoppers to check out by accessing credit and debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Bitcoin, and more. With the presence of the Braintree platform, it is simple to perform payment from an app or website.
The most important thing to understand Braintree can only be used with your store only when Magento Secure Payment Bridge is properly configured. Therefore, to set Braintree as your Magento payment processing service, it is important to have relevant details about Braintree and its use policy.
In this post, we will guide you through different steps to configure Braintree in Magento.
Step 1: Begin with Braintree Payment Method Configuration
- On the Admin sidebar, select Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- Inside the panel on the left, select Sales > Payment Methods.
- Click the Braintree section then click on the Configure button to begin the configuration.
Note: Read Further Payment Processor Vs Payment Gateway
Step 2: Configure Basic Braintree Settings
- Select the Basic Braintree Settings section, open Braintree Payments to log in for a new account. Select “Click here” to log in to your current Braintree account Or click here to signup for a Braintree account.
- In the Title field, select a new title or leave the default of “Credit Card”.
- In the Environment field, set “Sandbox” for the test environment or set “Production” when looking to go live.
- In the Payment Action field, choose “Authorize Only” to complete the purchase, but put a hold on the funds being captured by the merchant.
- In the Merchant Account ID, Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key fields provide the credentials from the Braintree account.
- Set Enable this Solution to “Yes” to activate the Braintree payment method.
- Set Enable PayPal via Braintree to “Yes” to comprise PayPal as a payment option with Braintree.
Step 3: Configure Advanced Braintree Settings
- Set Debug to “Yes” to save a log file of interactions.
- Inside the Capture action field, select “Invoice” to create an invoice when the payment is captured or “Shipment” to create an invoice and change the status of the order to “Authorized”.
- Inside the New Order Status field, set “Processing” or “Suspected Fraud”.
- Enable Use Vault to “Yes” to store customer credit card details in the Braintree Vault.
- The Allow Duplicate Cards field is set to “No” by default.
- Set CVV Verification to “Yes” to need customers to offer the 3-digit security code from the back of a credit card.
- In the Credit Card Types list, choose the types of credit cards that are accepted for payment.
- Set Enable Credit Card auto-detection to “Yes” to detect the credit card type.
- Set Advanced Fraud Protection to “Yes” to apply Braintree fraud protection to transactions. To configure these steps take guidance from the best Magento 2 Development services in USA like AgentoSupport.
- Set Use Cache to “Yes” to enhance performance by caching some results. Make sure that the Magento cache is enabled to use the cache with Braintree.
Step 4: Integrate PayPal through Braintree
- Provide a Title of the payment approach, select whether to Enable a Vault to store customers’ credit card details, and set a Sort Order.
- Choose whether you look to Override Merchant Name in case you require a name different from the one you posted in the store configuration.
- Choose the Payment Action.
- Choose what countries you look to apply this payment method.
- Select the Specific Countries if you decided to apply the first option.
- Choose whether to need the Customer’s Billing Address.
- Set the Debug option if you look to test the transactions before going live.
- Decide whether to Display this payment method on Shopping Cart.
Follow these above steps to configure Braintree in Magento CMS for streamlined eCommerce operation.
This is all you need to configure Braintree in Magento using the above-mentioned steps. We have also covered PayPal configured steps. That’s it, now your Braintree Payment Method is configured successfully. I hope this blog has assisted you in integrating the Braintree payment method into your eCommerce store. If we missed out on anything, feel free to reach out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the Braintree payment gateway?
Braintree is a full-stack payments platform that makes it easy to accept payments in your app or website. Our service replaces the traditional model of sourcing a payment gateway and merchant account from different providers.
Q. How is Braintree related to PayPal?
Braintree is a payment gateway service platform that integrates with PayPal through the Braintree SDK. Merchants can let their customers use the pay with PayPal button for express checkout and use PayPal Credit to pay overtime, while the merchant account is paid upfront.
Q. Is Braintree secure?
Braintree is also a validated Level 1 PCI DSS compliant service provider. It’s loaded with advanced fraud and data security tools – multiple encryption keys, communication using TLS, and automated vulnerability scans.