How to Improve Your Magento Store Score on Core Web VitalsOctober 11, 2021 | Author: Ashley Brown
In 2021, Google came up with one of the major updates in its algorithms. It has included page experience as a ranking signal to factor in the website’s user experience and shows in the search engine result pages. Today, creating SEO-friendly and meaningful content is not enough. So, Magento store owners need to focus more on consumer experience and easy site navigation. In this article, you will learn how to improve your Magento store score on core web vital. Luckily, Google has announced several elements that help in determining the overall web page. Here, in this case, it’s Magento store experience.
1. Core Web Vitals
Google Core Web Vitals is a collection of three performance metrics:
- The Largest Contentful Paint (LCP),
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS),
- the First Input Delay (FID),
These factors are the website’s visual loading, interactivity, and visual stability.
Google Core Web Vitals is a conglomeration of three performance metrics, the Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS), and the First Input Delay (FID), factoring the visual loading, interactivity, and visual stability of the webpage.
Google scores an online store based on mobile responsiveness. When it comes to checking mobile-friendliness, it includes clickability, content readability, accessibility of site elements, and links.
Focus on website security. Establishing a secure connection through HTTPS is highly recommended.
4. Safe Browsing
Google evaluates Magento eCommerce stores for security issues including malware, hacked content, phishing, etc. to make sure every user enjoys safe browsing.
5. Non-Intrusive Interstitials
Google ensures that crucial content is not blocked for users when they are browsing. As a Magento store owner, you need to be ready for this new update. Below is a list of tips and tricks to optimize your Magento store for page experience. These tips will help you enhance your website with faster visual loading, better mobile usability, and enhanced security.
With the help of a Magento support agency, you can work upon these factors and enhance your page experience.
Tips to Make Your Magento Store Score More on Core Web Vitals
Every online store is unique offering different products. So, there is no one-size-fits-all for eCommerce stores. Still, there are significant changes that you can make to improve your Magento store score on the Google Core Web Vitals.
Improve Your Ranking with Good LCP
LCP factors time consumed by the largest content element such as text blocks, images, or videos. An ideal LCP score is 2.5 seconds or less.
- It is good to choose a reliable hosting plan as Time Taken to First Byte (TTFB) is crucial and depicts faster server response time. A shared or slow hosting server requires extensive updating.
- Optimize images by resizing, compressing, or converting them to a suitable format to improve Magento 2 speed.
- You can even reduce the LCP by preloading important images with JS or CSS. Loading important images faster can significantly enhance the page experience.
Optimize Your Magento 2 Store for CLS
CLS shows the outcomes of unanticipated page layout shifts without the end-user’s input. A good CLS score of your page should be 0.1, which means your web page is visually stable.
There are two factors to determine your CLS score:
- How much the viewport has been affected by the shift, and
- How far did the content elements moved during the layout shift to the viewport.
- You can prevent layout shifts by setting the height and width attributes of each content element.
- Avoid inserting ads and pop-ups above other content.
- Magento 2 stores allow you to use placeholders for achieving page layout stability. Placeholders can occupy the accurate dimensions of the images and videos.
- Use optimized fonts to prevent flashes of invisible text and page layout shifts. You can even use system fonts to eliminate the use of the browser to download the font file when fetching the page.
If you’re an amateur and new to the technicalities of Magento store optimization, then it is wise to hire Magento developers to do it for you.
Increase Magento Store Score at FID
FID computation requires data from end-users who are interacting and engaging with your Magento 2 store. FID estimates the time taken by the browser to process the first user interaction on the web page. Poor FID leads to a higher churn rate and frustrates visitors. You can hire Magento developers to increase your Magento store score at FID.
- Divide time-consuming tasks into smaller fragments to considerably reduce the overloading of the main thread. This prevents unnecessary delay in the processing of the user’s input. The UI becomes unresponsive when executing a coding block. This can be solved by code splitting.
- Magento stores are often loaded with various third-party tags and analytics that make the thread busy causing the store to become unresponsive. You can use on-demand loading of these coding, select the content elements that provide greater value to users.
Google Core Web Vitals are a major algorithm update to enhance user experience. These vitals are key considerations for improving ranking in SERPs. So, it’s important to analyze, improve, and monitor. You can hire Magento developers to optimize your Magento store effectively.
As a leading Magento support agency, we can help you optimize your Magento store for the Core Web Vitals. We consider all the factors that are responsible for improving the user experience of your Magento 2 store.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. What are Core Web Vitals?
Core Web Vitals comprises three key metrics of a user’s experience on a website. These evaluate how fast your website loads, how quickly a user can start using the website when it fully loads on the screen, and whether text and images bounce all over the web page. Poor page performance and longer page loading times lead to higher bounce rates. If you want to improve your Magento store score on core web vital, you can hire Magento developers from us.
Q.2. How do I make my website ready for core web vitals?
You can prepare your website for core web vitals by
- Making your website content load faster considering the Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) metric.
- Establish a quick connection between users and your content, considering the First Input Delay (FID) metric.
- Provide stability of website content rendering.
Q.3. Can you help me optimize my Magento store speed?
Yes, of course. You can hire Magento developers from us for professional Magento store optimization services that aim at enhancing your Magento store speed, user experience, and performance.