How to Install Magento On AWSMay 27, 2021 | Author: Alex Clark
According to the Magento client and marketplace share document, the popular content management system (CMS), currently powers 842,618 websites. That’s a massive wide variety. If you own an eCommerce store, or you are thinking of setting up an eCommerce store, Magento should be your first desire CMS for putting in an eCommerce platform and so does install Magento On AWS.
Amazon web services (AWS) provide tremendously reliable, flexible, and cozy cloud computing products for thousands and thousands of active customers. And if you are an eCommerce merchant, running Magento on AWS, then you definitely have complete peace of mind, understanding that your eCommerce store may be scaled as the business desires develop with an assessment of Magento on AWS.
As far as the platform is concerned, Magento is one of the most powerful eCommerce software. With Magento, you get the opportunity to build your eCommerce the way you want and the option to scale. However, at the same time, it’s important to take into account that having great software isn’t always the only solution! You want to have the most optimized web hosting platform with the quality infrastructure to host your new Magento store and for that Magento cloud, web hosting is one of the nice solutions.
Steps to Install Magento on AWS
Step 1: Set up a server on Amazon:
First, you need to go to Amazon and set up an account. Subsequently, what you require doing is to navigate to the AWS management console, look for “find services” and click on it.
- Click on launch example
- Select a machine with the default operating system (OS) such as Linux, Ubuntu, or Windows, and so on.
- We are doing it on Ubuntu, so let’s select the Ubuntu server. You can choose Linux or Windows-based on your requirements. The configurations are almost the same. Just make certain you match with Magento 2 support system necessities – 2G of RAM.
- Choose type t2 medium.
- Click on Configure instance details
It’s time to configure your system. And fret not, there is nothing much to do here. Proceed further with adding a storage option. By default, storage length is enough. But even in a case, you want more than simply increase the size.
- Click on upload tags and attempt configuring the Security Group button. This is a crucial step.
- Add Details. It’s time to feature regulations about which people from across the globe might be able to get the right of entry to your server. Are you following a protocol? It’s time to make your server available to all site visitors. Right here, we will put safety rules or strive to navigate the kind and choose all traffic.
- Click review and launch. Then you’ll have the possibility to review your configuration once more. Click launch.
Step 2: Deploy Pre-requisite gear at the server
- deploy PHP gd extension
apt-get install php7.2-gd
- Now Restart the Apache:
systemctl restart apache2
- After which navigate
sudo nano apache2.conf
Press ctrl+w and search indexes
- Now simply installation composer:
- In case you stumble upon an error
You need to trade the permissions of the folder so that Magento 2 support setup can set up the required files:
chmod -R 755 /var/www/html/Magento2/
chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/Magento2/var/
chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/Magento2/pub/
chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/Magento2/app/etc
chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/Magento2/generated
sudo service Apache2 restart
Otherwise, PHP extensions can be missing.
Step 3. Setup Database:
Login MySQL with the aid of this command
mysql -u root -p
It’s going to ask you for a password. By default it’s none, so just press enter. Now you are in the MySQL terminal.
- display databases: shows you the current table.
- create database Magento: It’ll create a database for Magento
- exit: Exit from MySQL terminal
Step 4 Install and configure Magento on AWS
Navigate on your public IP address and paste the following in your browser: xx.xxx.xxx.xx/Magento2/setup
Now you’re ready to Install Magento On AWS.
Following these steps, you’d be able to install a new Magento store on the AWS server properly. In case you are beginning an eCommerce business, it’s wise to have secure and dependable web hosting. Shared hosting is neither secure nor reliable. Starting an eCommerce store on shared website hosting is the first step taken wrong.
Dedicated web hosting is the website hosting in which the customers get complete management over the resources. The store receives reliable and effective guides. But, the possibilities are low, however, if whatever occurs with the devoted server, the eCommerce store has to suffer.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1 Why pick out Magento AWS hosting?
There are a bunch of motives for selecting Magento AWS website hosting. As Magento is the most effective eCommerce platform as a way to hold its performance up to the mark you need to host your store on a reliable server that could easily manage it. In that case, the Magento AWS server is a satisfactory option. Additionally, Magento AWS hosting allows you to scale your server as your shop merchandise will increase and more customers are landing at your shop.
Q2. What is the easiest manner to host Magento on AWS?
If you’re not tech-savvy, it might be a hectic process to host your Magento 2 on AWS. If this is the case, then we suggest you hire professional Magento 2 developers or organizations to help you through the process.