Integrate Magento with Mailchimp with Easy to Follow Step-by-Step ProcessMarch 17, 2021 | Author: Alex Clark
Are you accessing the Magento 2 platform for your eCommerce business and exploring new ways of enhancing marketing campaigns? Well, start a result-oriented email marketing campaign to bring profitable offers to the existing subscribers and new ones with engaging emails. The best way is to integrate Magento with Mailchimp using a step-by-step process and active your bulk email marketing setup in a hassle-free manner.
Here in this post, we will look at the ultimate guide to integrate Mailchimp as one of the finest Magento integrations with your existing platform.
So, let’s get started.
What is Magento?
Magento is a popular and open-source eCommerce platform preferred by a majority of enterprises to start a product-selling website. It covers the total market share of 30% and has a 240000+ customer base relying on the feature-rich functionalities, tools, and user-interface of the platform.
The latest version of Magento 2 is highly adaptable by businesses to create a result-oriented product-selling platform. It offers a flexible development advantage, customization of rich plugins, optimum Magento 2 support of a vast community, and excellent SEO-friendly functionalities.
When it comes to finding the best Magento integrations for scaling up the business, then nothing can beat the importance of Mailchimp. It is one of the highly used integrations for Magento 2 that helps to add the functionality of custom bulk email creation and sending options.
In the next section of the blog, we will look at the introduction of Mailchimp that helps you better understand what it is.
What is Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is the buzzword in the eCommerce marketplace when it comes to start implementing an advanced email marketing campaign. It is software that helps to manage and create bulk emails and marketing newsletters for an organization. The easy-to-access dashboard of Mailchimp helps to design customized emails and newsletters with a preferred choice of content and Call to Action. It features useful email creation templates to create result-oriented emails for your eCommerce business. It further helps to send and manage the emails by having a transparent view on the dashboard.
Step-by-Step Process to Integrate Magento and Mailchimp
Here, you will get to know how to integrate Magento and Mailchimp using the steps mentioned below.
The integration guide is divided into the following three steps:
* Step 1: Download Mailchimp for Magento 2 Platform
* Step 2: Install Mailchimp
* Step 3: Connect Mailchimp and Magento 2
Let’s have a look at the explanation of the detailed steps below:
#Step 1: First Download the Mailchimp for Magento 2 Platform
In the Magento Marketplace, you will find the Mailchimp extension. Just follow the steps.
- Go to the Magento Marketplace, select the Open Source Edition, and then select the Magento Version.
- Click on the Add to Cart and click on the go to Cart in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the Checkout option and enter your Magento platform credentials.
- Place an order and then next click the Download button.
- Next, you will be redirected to My Download, and then click on Download to start downloading the file as an extension.
#Step 2: Start Installing the Downloaded Mailchimp Extension
Now, that you have to download Mailchimp for your Magento 2 platform. The next step is installing the same which means uploading the content of the downloaded zip folder.
Here you have the following steps:
- Go to the Admin panel, click on the System menu, and then select Cache Management.
- Click on the Flush Magento Cache.
You have installed Mailchimp, and the next step involves connecting it to your Magento platform.
#Step 3: Connection Magento and Mailchimp
There are a total of 11 easy-to-follow steps here to connect and integrate Magento and Mailchimp.
- Go to the Magento Admin panel, select System, and then click on Configuration.
- In the drop-down, select the Mailchimp configuration.
- A new section appears and you have to click on Get API Credentials.
- Provide the Mailchimp login credentials and Log in.
- Once you successfully log in, you will find API key generation. Copy the API key to the text editor for using it at a later stage.
- Paste the copied API configuration key and click on Save Config.
- Next is to click on the General subscription drop-down menu and select the Mailchimp list to sync with your Magento 2 platform.
- Once done, you will see the next dialog box appears, simply edit or create the Merge field to send Magento-specific information on Mailchimp.
- In the eCommerce section, choose yes to enable the Mailchimp functionality.
- In the next step, select NO on the “ Subscribe all customers to the newsletter”.
- The final step is clicking on the Yes in the Abandoned Cart section. And, choose the First Date section to select the dates you want to start targetting the abandoned cart, and next is to click on Save Config.
And, you are good to go with Mailchimp integrated with Magento.
Starting an email campaign for the eCommerce business has a reach towards a broad spectrum of customers. Companies can grow their revenues by sending relevant newsletters and bulk emails to the list of subscribers. Thus, to maintain the smooth flow of eCommerce platform emails, there is no better than to integrate Magento and Mailchimp. Using the support of Magento 2 developers and following the step-by-step guide, get started with a successful email campaign using Mailchimp as a useful extension.
AgentoSupport is a leading Magento 2 development company that assists you in integrating important extensions to your eCommerce platform. Also, we provide optimum support in the migration, development, and maintenance of your Magento platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mailchimp Necessary for Magento?
If you want to start a result-driven email marketing campaign for your eCommerce business, then it is necessary to integrate Mailchimp with Magento. Mailchimp offers the robust functionalities of creating numerous emails in bulk, make a list of your subscribers, and send the same to relevant people.
Can Mailchimp be Integrated with Magento 2?
Yes, it can be well-integrated with your Magento 2 eCommerce platform. All you need is to follow the step-by-step process mentioned above to download, install, and run Mailchimp with Magento platform and start sending bulk emails in a hassle-free manner.
What is the Cost Involved in Integrating Mailchimp with Magento?
The cost is involved in the process of starting an email campaign, adding robust functionalities, and making changes in the content. For this, you can rely on the cost-effective Magento 2 development solutions of AgentoSupport.