Is It Truly Worth to Migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2?October 26, 2021 | Author: Alex Clark
Why everyone is so obsessed with migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2? Is it really needed to undergo Magento 2 migration process?
What if you stick to Magento 1 and do not listen to what everyone says?
Questions like that and more can be resounded all across the enterprise ecosystem. Which side should enterprises go for Magento 1 or Magento 2 is a hot topic since the arrival of the latest platform.
It’s important to get relevant answers to the above questions to stay on a profitable path.
That’s why we are up with this blog to make you understand how migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2 platform really is worth it.
Here, we will try to address most of your queries based on the following pinpoints?
* Why Migrate to Magento 2?
* What are the Benefits of Magento 2?
* Which brand has experienced Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration Process?
* What is the Right Time to Migrate to Magento 2?
* What Would be the Final Outcome?
So, without wasting much time. Let’s discuss the thing first.
Why Migrate to Magento 2?
Simple answer, Magento 1 support is no longer there for you. It’s dead and gone. Hard to digest this, but yes it’s true. The Magento team has officially terminated all the support of the Magento 1 platform.
Whichever brand is still running the eCommerce store on Magento 1 platform, can no longer get support from the official team. It is mandatory for enterprises to switch to Magento 2 as soon as possible to get all the support from an extensive set of new features.
Apart from the dire necessity to migrate to Magento 2 platform, there also lies some interesting facts as follows:
- Magento 2 is 50% much faster in terms of page loading as compared to Magento 1.
- Magento 2 offers a 38% faster checkout speed than Magento 1.
- Magento 2 can take 117% more orders in an hour in comparison with Magento 1.
- Magent0 2 is capable to handle 2.1 million more page views in an hour.
- Magento 2 offers robust security features and new patches.
What are the Benefits of Magento 2?
You have every reason to believe the fact that running an eCommerce store on Magento 1 is already outdated now. It cannot run perfectly and even has several disadvantages along with security risks of having no support from the Magento team.
Still, you have a choice to give a necessary shot to Magento 2 development and avail the following advantages.
1. Higher Conversion Rate & Improved Sales
Undoubtedly, Magento 2 is much faster, robust, and upgraded that offers an enriched shopping experience to customers. In a better way, the platform increases conversion rates and sales based on the following few attributes.
- Improved search results of products.
- See the previews of all site changes made in the Admin Panel.
- Responsive design elements are mainly for mobile users.
- Improved product merchandising features.
- Easily accessible PCI compliance.
2. Engaging Customer Experience with Faster Performance
With the new features of Magento 2 platforms, customers get to experience a fast-loading website in less than 10 seconds. The Admin Panel of the platform makes it simple to quickly manage the products and orders.
Even the conversion rate is on a higher side in Magento 2 platform and the database can be turned into a specific load level. Overall, the platform offers an enhanced level of shopping experience to customers in an upscale manner.
3. Enhanced Level of UI/UX to Attract Users
It is a well-known truth that 64% of customers will not return to an eCommerce store if they fail to receive a user-friendly store experience.
This is not something you can expect from Magento 2 platform. It helps store managers to save time on the administrative process to perform a variety of tasks and changes quickly. There are various improvements that have been made to this platform to offer an upscale level of UI/UX experience.
- Easy to navigate and learn Admin Panel.
- Drag and Drop functionality for customers, products, and orders.
- An intuitive way of editing the products.
- Easy to import and export of products for cross-selling and up-selling.
Which brand has experienced Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration Process?
According to the data, several websites belonging to different categories like Shopping, Arts, Business, etc., have migrated to Magento 2. Names of some of the renowned platforms are as follows:
- EZ Prints
- Tom Dixon
- Paul Smith
- Oliver Sweeney
- Helly Hansen
What is the Right Time to Migrate to Magento 2?
This is the right time to get indulged in Magento 2 migration process. Because the security and community support of Magento 1 is over. If you are still running your eCommerce store on Magento 1, then migrating to Magento 2 should be at top of your mind.
So, stop thinking and start acting on the migration process to develop new functionalities along with developing Magento 2 extensions for better functionality. Start thinking of the migration process that will not be an easy one. And, it demands sheer support from a reliable Magento development company.
What Would be the Final Outcome?
The rising question of migrating your Magento 1 platform to Magento 2 will soon become a reality. Already the official support of Magento 1 is over and you will find it extremely hard to maintain the store functionalities and security.
The bottom line is that Magento 2 migration should be in your mind and also start thinking about finding a reliable Magento 2 support agency. Simply safeguard your eCommerce business with a new and improved platform to gain an enhanced level of success.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is It Important to Migrate to Magento 2 Platform?
Yes, it is more than just important to migrate to Magento 2 platform. It is because the official support of Magento 1 is over. And, to continue running your eCommerce store and to increase sales, it is relevant to get migrated to the new platform.
Q. How Long Does Magento 2 Migration Process Take?
In terms of migrating from Magento 1 to the Magento 2 platform, you can roughly estimate the timeline of six to eight weeks. But that also depends on how big your store is, how well-planned the functionalities are, and what is the expertise and strength of your migration team.
Q. What is the Process of Migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
To experience a seamless migration process, you have to follow a streamlined way of doing the task based on the following points.
- First take the backup of your Magento 1 store including products, orders, customer data, database, files, and folders.
- Create a clone of the Magento 1 platform and do not use the migration platform for live dealing.
- Analyze the store to consider the necessary functionalities and delete the rest.
- You have to check the compatibility of themes, custom code, and extensions.
- Migrate the data securely.
- Avoid adding outdated and useless data from the database.
- Install a new copy of Magento 2 on the same hosting server.