Magento 2 Project Planning and Discovery
Before you get started with Magento 2 re-platforming, you should have a proper Magento 2 Project Planning and Discovery strategy. At AgentoSupport, we believe that a project’s success depends on a thorough and well-documented discovery process. A successful project discovery is essential as it boosts the confidence of the Magento development team and stakeholders. They get clarity about its goals, scope of work, and the success criteria.
How Our Project Discovery Process Works?
Our core philosophy is that smaller projects are likely to be more successful. Therefore, we define the project scope while avoiding elements that are not necessary or critical to launching.
The key goals of the project discovery process are:
- Defining the stakeholders and determining the key members of each team to be involved with the day-to-day decision-making.
- Defining customer persona to understand the needs, challenges, demographics, and habits of the customers who use the new website and Magento support plans.
- Documenting user stories and success criteria for the website. What actions are to be taken on the website? What defines the success of these actions? What actions are to be taken by the site’s administrators?
- Training the merchant on Magento to ensuring that he fully its capabilities and limitations.
- Having a well-defined Magento 2 project scope and timelines. It should document the design and development requirements to fulfill the success criteria.
- Delegating the responsibilities to each team, including the third parties involved.
- Finalizing the decisions regarding the technologies to be used for the project, such as security, hosting, and major integrations.
Once the Magento 2 project discovery process is completed, we proceed with the development phase. Each team is now fully aware of the project goals and is confident that its business needs have been considered and documented.