Magento 2 vs NetSuite SuiteCommerce – Which One is Better?July 13, 2020 | Author: Ashley Brown
Magento eCommerce development has been the most popular eCommerce solution for online merchants and retailers since the early days. Over 133,348 websites are based on all versions of Magento. The World’s leading brands trust this eCommerce software and platform for growing their online stores. As the number of online businesses continues to grow, so does the number of viable content management solutions. One of the most prominent names to enter the field recently us NetSuite SuiteCommerce that is designed to integrate eCommerce, point-of-sale, and order management functions into a single software application. However, when it comes to choosing between Magento 2 vs NetSuite SuiteCommerce, businesses and developers remain perplexed as to which one is better!
While NetSuite is quite popular in the eCommerce development industry, SuiteCommerce has not yet gained a strong foothold in the CMS market. Is it because of the industry’s natural resistance to adopt new technologies or solutions, or due to the features and architecture of the software itself?
Let’s evaluate the pros and cons of both the content management systems and decide which is better – Magento 2 vs NetSuite SuiteCommerce?
Magento 2 vs NetSuite SuiteCommerce
- Magento 2 eCommerce platform is widely being used in most countries, including the USA, UK, Netherlands, Germany, and 145 others.
- NetSuite SuiteCommerce hasn’t outperformed Magento 2 in any country.
- Magento 2 covers a wide of range website categories including E-commerce & Shopping, Lifestyle, Home & Garden, Computers Electronics & Technology, and 20 other categories.
- SuiteCommerce is still behind Magento 2 in any website category.
Infrastructure and Maintenance
- Infrastructure hosting is sophisticated and requires diversified skill sets to upgrade and maintain
- It must be installed, configured and optimized for the website to make it function properly
- Magento eCommerce development requires the company to host hardware, software and data security functions
- It needs timely security patches and updates.
- Magento 2 upgrade can be very expensive than migrating to any other eCommerce platform.
- NetSuite remotely installs, hosts, and maintains the entire infrastructure including all hardware, software, security as well as backups.
- Once the contract is completed, the system is ready to be deployed by a web developer for quicker launch and simplified integration.
- NetSuite manages all security patches and upgrades that are fully backward compatible
- Releases at least two major upgrades every year at no additional cost beyond base annual licensing.
- Magneto is a stand-alone, point solution for e-commerce businesses and not integrated with CRM, ERP, POS, or warehouse management systems.
- It does not have financial management and reporting capabilities
- It does not support multi-company management with financial consolidation
- Requires system integrations, independent from Magento.
- SuiteCommerce platform offers a fully-integrated cloud-based suite of tools to run your business across multiple channels.
- SuiteCommerce provides native CRM and ERP integration with optional warehouse management and POS modules.
- The platform also offers full financial management and reporting capacities
- NetSuite SuiteCommerce supports true multi-company management with fiscal consolidation.
Open Source vs. Proprietary
- Magento is open-source software and the Magento community is able to influence development. This leaves space for improvement in software functionality at the programming level, developing new features and ensuring the availability of Magento support.
- SuiteCommerce is proprietary software that generally relies on comprehensive documentation and support provided by the developer. This is one major reason that makes Magento eCommerce development more preferred by individual developers and businesses as they can have access to much more powerful resources when it comes to troubleshooting and customizing their software. This flexibility also impacts other important factors such as development and community support.
Strength in Number – Share in the Market
- Magento has a lion’s share of eCommerce site installations. Magento leads in Top 10,000 Websites (0.24%), Top 100,000 Websites (0.774%), Top 1 Million Websites (0.002%), and the Entire Web (0.191%).
- While Magento boasts the majority of the market share, SuitCommerce is clearly lagging behind the competition. Fewer installations mean fewer active users and less community support. Moreover, the cost of development will obviously be higher when you’re working with a CMS that is not so familiar or understood by a large number of developers.
Back to Front-end Development
- Magento eCommerce development enjoys many benefits thanks to the streamlined installation and larger community support, however, the back-end is only half the battle.
- Magento also delivers superior user experience (UX), probably because it is owned and overseen by one of the most prominent and successful eCommerce sites in history, eBay.
- On the other hand, SuiteCommerce was created by a company renowned in back-end system development. While NetSuite produces viable and quality software in its own right, there is a significant difference when it comes to designing intuitive systems for users and administrators than those to be used by general users.
If you’re building a new eCommerce store or planning to change the platform, you can clearly see the advantages Magento eCommerce development offers over SuiteCommerce development. With stronger community support, detailed documentation, and greater developer support, you can easily overcome any issue related to your store. After seeing the comparison of Magento 2 vs NetSuite SuiteCommerce, you can now make the right choice to launch a successful business.
So, if you’re convinced and want to leverage the benefits of Magento eCommerce development, we can help you with everything you need to launch a successful eCommerce store. AgentoSupport is a leading Magento 2 development company that offers a complete suite of Magento 2 development services including custom Magento 2 web development, integrations, module development, support, and maintenance. Just let us know your requirements and we will provide you with the best-fit solution that will match your business requirements to perfection.
Q.1. What projects have you worked on in Magento 2 development?
As a leading Magento 2 development company, we serve clients from various industries across the globe. Head over to our work portfolio to see what we’ve done in Magento eCommerce development.
Q.2. How can I get support for my Magento 2 store?
The best way to get support for your Magento store is to approach a professional and experienced Magento 2 development company. AgentoSupport has helped many companies with complete Magento site builds. You may also drop your queries in public forums that are on Magento’s online community. The active members can answer your queries instantly.
Q.3. What are the features of Magento 2?
Magento 2 comes with powerful features including open and flexible architecture, enhanced business agility and productivity, engaging customer experiences, enterprise-grade scalability and performance, easier upgrades and maintenance, secure payments, backup/rollback system, PSR compliance, and a lot more.