Tips To Remember While Hiring Magento DeveloperJuly 15, 2022 | Author:
Magento 2 is one of the most popular open-source eCommerce platforms released on November 17, 2015. It is a potential software mostly used for online businesses and today, it is the world’s largest eCommerce platform. Magento 2 is easy to use, highly versatile, and quick. As a result, many businesses hire a Magento Developer to create a smooth user experience that attracts more customers.
Since Magento 2 development service is a highly sophisticated, scalable architecture, it is popular among the top Content Management Systems that helps create small and big online stores worldwide. Also, the platform is compatible with the trendiest technologies like PHP7, which loads faster than Magento 1.
Magento 2 enables the users to update their eCommerce website automatically, thanks to its robust features and expandable codebase. The various characteristics of small and large work operations worldwide use it for a wide range of tasks. To comprehend Magento 2, users must first understand the importance of eCommerce and its value in the foreseeable future.
Magento market size and stats
- Small and large enterprises using Magento in their eCommerce business tend to grow up to 3% quicker than their competitors in the market
- The US recorded a total of 237,975 use of Magento –based websites in the year 2019
- It comprises 1.2% of the total web usage out of which, over 250,000 live dynamic websites are built on the Magento platform
- Approximately 400,000 businesses are running on the Magento layout
- Magento is the most-sought option for the top 1000 retailers like Adidas, Walmart, and the net worth of these retailers is approx. $51 billion.
- Magento support service is ranked 7th amongst the top utilized CMS platforms worldwide. Its overall industry stands at 1.9%.
- Magento 2.3.2 was introduced in June 2019. However, the largely established adaptations of Magento 1. x are still the most-sought version among developers. Users of the old versions need to move towards the latest versions of Magento.
- Reports suggest that Magento is going to stop its official help and updates for Magento 1. x in June 2020
How to hire a Certified Magento Developer?
Tech-giant companies like Samsung, Lenovo, Nike, and Nestle are leveraging the benefits of Magento-based websites, but are not limited to. Small eCommerce businesses are also reaping great opportunities provided by Magento. So, if you are planning to enter the eCommerce business market, using Magento is the best solution any app development company can suggest.
However, before you hire Magento developer, there are many things to understand. You will have to do a lot of homework. For instance, find the best place to acquire professional and skilled Magento developers, recruitment process, and more.
Let us now understand the important points to consider before hiring an expert Magento developer.
1. Set your goals and objectives
Businesses must stay aware of their goals and what they want to achieve with their business model. There should be objectives on the table for everyone associated with the project to maintain transparent business. Only when you are sure about your goals and objectives, it will make it easier for the organization to communicate with the Magento developer during the recruitment process.
2. Check your budget
Another aspect of hiring a Magento Developer is deciding on the budget for the entire development process of the project. Different companies have different ideas for their websites and budget allocation, which highly influence the end product. It is advisable to calculate how much you can invest in the project and convey this to your developer to maintain transparency in budget allocation and the development process.
3. Project timelines
Communicate with the Magento developers and convey to them the timeline you are expecting for your project. Your developer team will let you know how they are working on your project and the time they may require to complete the project on time. In case the timeline matches your expected launch date, give that Magento developer a try.
4. Payment schedule
Every company working on an eCommerce platform is different from their competitors and therefore their payment schedules will also vary. Therefore, before you hire a Magento Developer, strike up a conversation with them about their price quote. Stay clear with their policies related to the payment process and how to eradicate them in case there’s any miscommunication in the foreseeable future.
5. Hiring process and work models
While hiring Magento Developer, stay aware of what they are expecting and vice versa. Expert professionals of any well-renowned organization should interview the developer, as they can better convey the company’s requirements and ask the right questions to the developers to test their skills, expectations, and goals.
What are the skills important for an experienced Magento Developer?
To test the skills and abilities of your hired Magento developer, there are a few criteria they must fulfil:
1. Knowledge of various programming languages
The Magento developer you are planning to hire for your website development project must have a valid certification of all their Magento skills. The candidate must have passed the Magento 2 certification – an exam uniquely designed to validate the programmer’s skills and basic knowledge to deploy any Magento eCommerce store. Magento certification is the most sought skill because businesses cannot risk their website development project to someone with inadequate knowledge of the platform, language, and business.
If you are looking for these skills in a developer under one roof, we are here to help. Our well-renowned Magento eCommerce development company is well-versed with the latest technologies and trends to help businesses excel in their website development projects.
1. How to hire Magento Developer?
You can seek help from top job-seeking platforms like LinkedIn, Upwork, and more to contact an expert and experienced Magento developer. Also, check for the reviews and feedback of the agency you are hiring the developer team from.
2. What are the skills required for a Magento developer?
Some of the top skills required for Magento development include:
- Time management
- Strong communication skills
- Expert maintenance service and support
- Magento (Adobe Commerce) certifications
- Creative and technical knowledge
- Programming language skills
- CMS development skills
3. What programming languages are required for Magento?
Magento is written using PHP programming language and leverages elements of the Zend framework and MVC architecture. The platform runs on the MySQL relational database, Magento schema, and tables included in the Magento installation package.