What is USPS address validation and how it matters?March 15, 2019 | Author: Camila Harris
One of the key fields of the checkout process for a Magento Store is the address of the user. When the user enters the delivery address in the field, it needs to be validated to ensure that the order is genuine. Address validation refers to the process of checking the mailing address entered by the user against an authoritative database to check its validity. If it matches one in the official database, the address is said to be validated. Conversely, addresses that do not have a match in the database are marked as invalid.
An invalid address indicates that it either does not exist or is not registered with official postal service. If the address comes up as invalid, the customer is given address suggestion which is known to shipping carriers. Further, the customer can go on and confirm if address suggested is correct or they still want to use the one they have given. In this way, this functionality is essential for improving the shopping experience in the store. USPS is the authoritative address database for an address in the US and Magento stores that sell here need to have USPS address validation feature. Apart from that customer’s shipping address is validated at the checkout phase with shipping carriers like USPS & UPS address validation.
Address validation is a complicated process as a great deal of preparation is needed before initiating the validation process. Here is what happens in a typical validation process. Before being validated, an address has to undergo parsing and standardization.
- Parsing, as the name suggests, refers to breaking down an address into the city, state, and ZIP Code.
- Standardization means formatting a mailing address to match it with the standard address format as given by the governing postal authority. It is done only after the address is parsed properly. The process includes several things like correcting misspelled words, abbreviating notations as per the official database formats, and filling in gaps in the data.
- After formatting, the address is validated finding its twin in the official database. It is considered valid only if there is an exact match.
When real addresses may not be valid ones?
The fact that an address does not validate is not an indication that it is not real. There could be other reasons that it might be listed as invalid. Some of these may be:
- Incorrect address that is entered with wrong spelling, format, or information.
- Imaginary or fake address that does not exist at all or exists no longer.
- Unoccupied address where no one resides and there is no one to receive mail.
- An unregistered address which is not registered yet with the USPS.
How to empower your Magento store with USPS address validation?
To empower your Magento store with this functionality, you need to integrate the USPS Address Validation extension into it. When a customer enters the shipping address during checkout, this extension shares the address with USPS to confirm whether it is recognized as a part of their database. If it fails to match, a suggested address known to USPS will be displayed in a pop-up.
Avail Magento integration services from an expert provider to leverage USPS Address Validation for improved shopping experiences. AgentoSupport is a provider that offers professional Magento support services for all your needs. Share your requirements with us and we will ensure that you get the right integration solution for your Magento store.
Where is the validation code USPS?
The validation code can be found on the letter you received in the mail.
How do I register my address with USPS?
- Call the phone number mentioned at the Customer Service website of the USPS.
- When “Change of Address” is prompted follow the steps regarding what you want.
- Enter valid credit card details when prompted, and response to the remaining questions to complete the address registration.
How do I change the delivery address for USPS?
To avail the high-quality service, always use USPS.com to modify the Address details. You can make changes within the address at a faster process by notifying everyone who sends mail of your new address before you move.
Why AgentoSupport is best for Magento Store Development Service?
- We have a team of experienced Magento developers.
- Our developers offer smooth development of your Magento E-commerce store.
- We set the parameter to ensure UPS Address Verification is smoothly done.
- Our developers implement different services for your Magento store like development, customization and integration.
- Implement extensions to verify the shipping address through UPS Address Validation.
- Complete testing of all the modules of the website is done before making it live.
- We develop unique designs for the Magento stores to grow customer base and retain existing users.
- Integrating store with SEO optimized protocols for better sales.
- Make necessary changes to your current website with proper backups to survive in a highly competitive world.
- Improve conversion rate and ROI for an e-commerce store.
Industries We Serve
We offer store development services to the following industries.
The benefits AgentoSupport team offers can’t be overlooked and the store development services offered to the merchants is incredible. The support team works 24/7 to handle any sort of validation issues.