What are the Common Magento Multi-Store Configuration Problems?
If you own more than one E-commerce store, a lot of technical and development issues come across you. However, Magento a renowned platform for E-commerce development is aware of those challenges and included features to ease the Multi-Store configuration process. You don’t need to have multiple websites to manage, all can be done with one admin panel. Magento offers functionality to Magento developers to create and configure multiple websites, stores and store views as per the business requirement. You can easily setup Magento Multi-stores on different domain having different design theme, products and customer groups. Some common issues that are experienced during the configuration are:
1. SSL Certificate Limit
When you configure multi-store for your E-commerce website, a single SSL certificate error happens. The reason is one IP address and one domain is served by a single SSL. To deal with such situation possible solutions are:
- Wildcard SSL: It gives security to all the subdomains you create.
- SAN Certification: This offers a solution for stores created on multiple domains.
- Cloudways Solution: With Cloudways, a store owner is allowed to install multiple SSL-protected stores as per their choice.
2. IP Address & SEO Issues
Webmasters have a misconception that a shared IP address will hamper the E-commerce store online presence. But in reality, it is not the situation. There are many cases where renowned multiple websites have a single IP address.
Another problem with multi-store configuration is the content on the website becoming duplicate. To solve this problem, make sure the content is unique, particularly for the page title and description.
3. Extension Issues
Magento multistore allows merchants to have separate extensions for each store. This means one extension can be active for one store but will stay free for the second one. Everything will remain in one piece until you update the Magento software. This error happens even if you are not using the multi-store feature. But with the multi-store feature, an extra layer of complication will be present.
Once the Magento Multi-store is configured, a merchant can perform the following activities:
- Use single or multiple different domains
- Create a different catalog for every store or use the same
- Limits categories, products and manufacturers per store
- Use separate default features for every store
- Limit extensions per store
- Apply different currencies for international clients
- Integrate different payment and shipping process
- Multiple checkouts offered for different stores
Advantages of Magento Multistore Functionality
Magento platform provides remarkable features to make E-commerce management simpler and also provide additional benefits. A few of them are:
- Your customers can navigate your website in a simple manner. Further, a clean, secure site is offered to improve the customer experience.
- Site management is very easy with the multi-store feature. You will have an admin panel to change theme and limit extensions.
- Customer accounts are simple to manage and easy to track.
- Different payment and shipment channels for different regions are available.
- You can easily scale your store and add new categories without restrictions.These are some of the prominent advantages of multi-store feature and merchants are using it to grow their business ROI. Earlier it was difficult to manage different stores, but now all concept has changed.
Now you are familiar with the benefits of Magento Multi-stores and common solutions they offer to the proper working of E-commerce websites. If you come across any sort of error during the configuration that were mentioned above, immediately contact the professional experts. 24/7 services can guarantee no business loss.