What’s New in Magento 2.4 Release? Benefits And Features for MerchantsOctober 12, 2020 | Author: Alex Clark
Adobe in June 2020 released the beta version of the Magento 2 for users. Last year in Dec 2019 Adobe announced that it would release Magento 2.4 this year anytime. On July 28, 2020, New Magento 2.4 was released for everyone to download, install, and upgrade. Many merchants, entrepreneurs, and developers are curious to know about the things Magento 2.4 has brought to the table. What are the technical requirements before installation or upgrade to the latest version? We will answer all your queries so stay connected till the end.
Magento has published separate release notes for Open Source and Commerce editions. And in addition to that, a release note for new features and improvements in the B2B module is shared as well. So, let’s find out what new things and improvements have promised this time?
Magento 2.4 Technical Requirements
- Initially, it is important to install Elasticsearch, and then it is permitted to install or upgrade 2.4. Older versions of Elasticsearch like 2.x, 5.x, and 6.x are removed.
- For installation, it is important to have a system with 2+ GB RAM.
- Latest Apache 2.4 or Nginx 1.x web servers.
- For the database requirement, MySQL 8.0 and MariaDB 10.4 are perfect.
- Works better with PHP 7.4 and PHPUnit 9.0.0. Other PHP versions are not suggested.
- Similar PHP extensions and system dependencies are needed for installation.
- PHP cache settings can be managed by Magento 2 Developer for streamlined installation and configuration.
- Valid SSL certificate required for the secure HTTPS connection.
- Redis 5.0, Varnish 6.3.1, RabbitMQ 3.8.x technologies are integrated for page caching and session storage.
- The Master database of Magento Commerce offers scalability benefits for Magento apps in areas including checkout, orders, and others.
- Support for php_xdebug 2.5.x or later is optional but suggested.
Magento 2.4 Release Highlights
According to Adobe, the latest version is skilled to boost your business in the current online selling landscape. The Magento 2 Support offers new features, bug fixes, security changes, test cycles, packages & extensions as well as Php 7.4 support.
Apart from these, merchants can leverage
- PWA Development
- 2FA Security for Magento 2 admin panel
- Seller assisted shopping
- In-store pickup
- Purchase approval workflows
- New media gallery
- Headless commerce
Magento Security-Only Patch 2.3.5-p2
- Features to install a time-sensitive security fix without implementing hundreds of functional fixes.
- A patch released to fix the vulnerabilities identified in the previous release that is Magento 2.3.5-p1.
- Includes the hot-fixes integrated into Magento 2.3.5
Substantial Security Enhancements
- Improved Content Security Policy
- Comprise of 30+ security fixes to close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) threats.
- Default 2FA feature for the Magento admin panel.
- The template filter strict mode is now enabled by default securing the Magento 2 Development process for e-commerce brands.
- Support for MariaDB 10.4
- Support for PHP 7.4, PHPUnit 9.x
- Removed MySQL search engine
- The Zend Framework has been removed and migration to the Laminas project
- Removed the support for Signifyd fraud protection code
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.x and MySQL 8.0
- Core Braintree module cleared
- Web Setup Wizard removed
- Composer update plugin
- Removed the unnecessary & time-consuming integration of the Authorize.Net, eWay, CyberSource, and Worldpay payment methods.
- Advanced customer data section invalidation logic.
- Advanced Redis performance
Magento GraphQL Improvements
Magento 2 GraphQL is basically a data query language offering an alternative to REST and SOAP web APIs for frontend development.
- Support for the Inventory In-store pickup using pickup locations query.
- Get the lists of categories that match a specified filter using the categories query?
- A logged-in user can add all the items to the cart from the old order with reorder Items mutation.
Other highlights of Magento 2.4
- Latest Adobe Stock Integration v2.0
- Advanced Magento Media Gallery with a searchable interface
- Improved Magento 2 Support for Inventory Management
- Support for PWA Studio 6.0.0 and 6.0.1
- Refinement in Vendor Developed Extensions including dotdigital, Klarna, Amazon Pay, Braintree Payments, Vertex, and Yotpo
- Page Builder now supports PHP 7.4 for Magento Commerce 2.4
- Fixed bugs and enhancements in cart and checkout, cart price rule, catalog, orders, shipping, and sales!
So, these are the latest features & upgrades released with Magento 2.4 for merchants and developers.
If your existing store is Magento 1 based, it is advised to hire Magento Developer in order to migrate to Magento 2.4. Magento 1 is obsolete but Magento 2.4 is packed with several new features that deliver high performance for both merchants and developers. Adobe is constantly working to serve potential issues in Magento 2.4. We expect the latest version to revolutionize storefront experiences and boost business sales through its remarkable features. Leverage the power of the newest release to make your mark in the digital world.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Magento used for?
Magento is an E-commerce development platform built on open source technology that provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, content, and functionality of their online store. Magento offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools.
Why should I upgrade to Magento 2.4?
Magento 2.4 improved performance and new features provide your customers with a faster, easier shopping experience. Magento 1 will continue to be officially supported with security issues patched until June 2020, although no new features will be added.
How do I contact Magento 2 Support?
Magento has a huge community of researchers, developers, testers and they are always available during the need of Magento 2 Development when stuck with any update, upgrade, or migration issue.